The Buddha Den

Everything you wanted to know about the Dayton music scene and more but were afraid to ask

Monday, September 10, 2007

Ra Ra Riot @ Nite Owl 9/9

Luckily, I was roused out of a sleepy Sunday evening to the Nite Owl. Granted, I missed the band I was supposed to see, which was Kenoma. However, I stumbled into a real treat. Local promoters Do Tell Records somehow convinced Ra Ra Riot to make a stop in the Gem City on an off night from their tour with Editors. Not sure how that happened, but we sure were lucky.....




With a distinctive 80s bent similar to R.E.M.'s Murmur or Dexy's Midnight Runners combined with an Arcade Fire type enthusiasm, this was an incredibly high-energy show. Yeah, you missed it...

Ra Ra Riot on Myspace

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Hey, glad you made it and had a good time. Ra Ra Riot is a fantastic band that really deserves some good exposure.

I was there too (I caught them last year at the Nite Owl as well). You can see my pics from the show here. Take it easy!

Jesse

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home