The Buddha Den

Everything you wanted to know about the Dayton music scene and more but were afraid to ask

Monday, October 08, 2007

I Remember Dayton

Most of us here in Dayton struggling to make something happen or those still talking about the "good old days" of the scene all have a strong sense of Dayton's legacy...

Well, thanks for my friend Christina for pointing me toward this. Pat Jones formerly of several punk bands, most notably the Oxymorons, has started compiling and posting tons of old (I mean late 80s and early 90s) punk/indie releases for your enjoyment. In many cases, Pat is putting up original artwork that accompanied the releases. Oftentimes, these aare hand-scrawled cassette covers. Classic. Also buried in his archives (in the July section, I think) is a zine review of what I think might have been one of the first Brainiac shows at the Rathskellar at Wright State. Even way back then, reviewers couldn't gush enough...

Being a fan of history, I'd highly recommend checking this out. Thanks, Pat!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Juliet said...

That sounds fantastic. I've been trying to dig some of the older cassette released that are still lurking around so I can do a Dayton retrospective radio show.

Also, digging the blog. As always, great work sir.

Cheers,
~Juliet

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home